App development cost depend solely on the kind of app you are building
There are some platforms where you can develop apps for free while some are ridiculously expensive but you will get an amazing result at the end of the day. Sometimes you may just wonder “how much does app development cost from a professional?”. Most play store apps were built by professional app developers and they cost them some bucks but it was waiting worth it. Why? Because they are concentrated with ads, which means the developer or owner would have gotten his profit from the app.
I can’t really put my finger on the actual amount app development costs but I can provide an estimate because each developer has different charges and some apps with more features may be cost than others. The cost of apps may also depend on purpose and features. Here are some of the things that may affect app development cost:
• Purpose of the app: What your app will do for its users is also a defining metric in app development.
• Devices supported: What devices will your app support. It may be android or IOS but may not support some android or IOS phones. For example: a relatively cheap app may not support some of the best phone brands like Samsung.
• Use of images and visuals: Of course, this will have an effect on the cost of app development. The more complex the visuals are, the costlier it is.
• Maintenance plan: After the app may have been developed, you will need technical support from the developer.
Other things that may inflate the cost of app development:
>> Apps with back-end servers will almost always cost more
>> Will an app be integrated with third-party apps that will be the source of its content.
>> Budgets for updates and salaries
Having said that, there are some normal or normal benchmarks for app development venture costs that we can apply for various kinds of apps. For example:
1. App development cost for IOS = $28k
2. App development for android = $23k
3. App development for windows phone = $18k
That’s the estimated price to develop apps on each platform. Hiring a USA app developer may cost as high as $110k per year. Apps built by the largest app companies, the “big boys”, likely cost anywhere between $500,000 to $1,000,000. Apps built by agencies like savvy apps cost anywhere between $150,000 to $450,000. Apps built by smaller shops, possibly with only 2-3 people, likely cost anywhere between $50,000 to $100,000.
So, app development is not a kiddies play. Top apps which get tons of downloads have spent a lot of time and energy in developing them. App development costs are very high but you can find freelancers to help you at a lower rate.