Some telegram users may become annoying or turn into scammers and you will want to block them. Here is how to block someone on telegram 2021.
In this Techpanda article, we’re going to go into detail on how to block someone on Telegram for iPhone and Android, how to block users in Telegram group and channel, and how to block someone on Telegram for Windows and Mac.
You’ll also get to know how to unblock yourself on Telegram messenger without deleting your account. So let’s get straight to it.
How to block someone on Telegram for iPhone or iPad
Below are the steps to follow to block someone on Telegram using an iPhone:
- Open the Telegram app on your Apple device.
- Tap and hold your chat with the contact you wish to block.
- Once the chat is selected, you will see a small green icon with a checkmark on it. Now click on the 3 dot icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the last option “Block user”.
- Finally, confirm the pop-up message by tapping “Block user” once again.
How to block someone on Telegram for Android
To block someone on Telegram using an Android, follow the steps below:
- Open the Telegram app on your Android device.
- Click on the 3-line icon on the top left corner.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Privacy and Security”.
- Click on “Blocked Users” and then “Add Block User”.
- Now you can scroll and choose who you want to block.
How to Block all Contacts at once on Telegram 2021
Unfortunately, you can’t block all contacts at once because there is no inbuilt feature for that on Telegram.
However, we can delete all contacts at once. To clear your contacts from your telegram account, simply delete all contacts and turn off auto-sync contact.
How to block users in Telegram group 2021
This is how to block users in the Telegram group if the person is a scammer or sending you unwanted messages and photos.
Below are the steps to block someone from the Telegram group:
- Open the Telegram
- Go to the group,
- Click on the profile picture of the group
- Now, tap username or number from the member’s list on the groups
- Click on the Three Vertical Dots
- Choose to Block User
- To confirm, tap the Block User button
How to Block Someone from the Telegram Channel 2021
To block someone from the Telegram channel, follow the step below:
- Open your Telegram
- Go to the channel you are getting the messages from
- Click on the profile picture of a channel
- Now, tap number or username from the member’s list on the channel
- And click on the Three Vertical Dots
- Click on Block User
- Finally, click the Block User.
How to block someone on Telegram for Windows and Mac
If you are using your telegram account on a Windows version, that is, through a laptop or computer, here are the steps to block someone on Telegram for Windows or Mac OS:
- Open any browser on your Windows or Mac OS
- Go to the Telegram Web
- Login to your Telegram account
- Tap on the Three Horizontal Lines from the top left
- Choose Contacts
- Scroll down on contacts to explore more contact
- Choose a contact to block
- From chat, tap on their profile picture from the bottom right corner
- Click more
- Finally, click on the Block user button and you are done.
You can also use the steps mentioned above to block someone on Telegram Web.
Block someone on telegram makes them unable to view your profile picture, and contact you anymore. Your ‘last seen time’ will also not be shown to them. This also applies to when someone blocks ‘you’ on Telegram.
Here is a video on how to block someone on telegram 2021. You can follow along with the steps and instructions in the video
How to block someone on telegram FAQs
What happens when you block someone on Telegram?
Below is the list of what happens when you block someone on Telegram:
- He/she won’t be able to check your profile picture.
- You will not receive a message from them, even if they send it to you.
- You won’t receive video and voice calls from them.
- The Block user will see only one tick on their message (one tick means sent) but they won’t see two tick (two tick means delivered).
How can I block someone on Telegram without them knowing?
It’s impossible to block someone on Telegram without them knowing or being aware. However, you can mute them from your Telegram account and you won’t receive any notification from them anymore.
And that it. This article contains a detailed guide on how you can block someone from Telegram. You will read the various step-by-step procedures on how to block someone from Telegram using iPhone, Android, Windows, e.t.c as well as block users in Telegram group and channel.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Block Someone on Telegram For iPhone and Android, visit our How To category.