Ever wanted to send a text message and get the error response ‘message blocking is active? If yes, then you’re in the right place to know what the’ Message blocking is active’ error means and how to fix it.
Communication is an important aspect of life and text messaging is a vital part of it. However, it can get very frustrating and tiring to see the “message blocking is active” error a couple of times or more, and most especially when we need to send an urgent message. Most times, urgent situations may arise, and any delay with getting information across in a short time could be devastating.
In this post, you’ll get to know what ‘message blocking is active’ means, possible causes of the ‘message blocking is active’ error, and how to fix the ‘message blocking is active’ issue.
READ ALSO: How to Activate Windows 10 Permanently
What does the “Free Message: Unable to Send a message – message blocking is active” error mean?
The “Free Message: Unable to Send a message – message blocking is active” error is usually experienced by users immediately after sending a text. For a lot of users, the T-Mobile carrier always comes with this issue, but in this post, we’ve also detailed the solutions for users who may have experienced this issue on some other carriers.
Below is some possible causes or reasons why the message blocking is active” error occurs.
1.The “message blocking is active” error could be caused if either the caller or intended call receiver blocked each other. It’s either the line being called with or the line to receive the call was blocked from each other. Therefore, one of the first things to note when you receive this error message is either the receiver has you on their block list or you have them on your block list.
- Service outage could be another possible cause of this error message. If there is a service outage, the ‘message blocking is active’ error message comes up. So, if you discover there could be a possible service outage, you’d want to give it a few minutes or hours before retrying. There could be a chance that your network provider is doing maintenance, and might have paused the messaging service.
- For T-Mobile users, a possible cause of the error message could be an error with the shortcode. Most times, “message blocking is active” errors were caused by shortcodes being either inactive or incorrect. Therefore, you should verify that this isn’t from your end. If you verify and confirm that you’re on the clear, then the error would be on T-Mobile’s end. So you would have to contact them to fix the issue.
- Another possible cause is that your recipient (the number you want to text to) might also have restricted messages coming from a certain group of users or you. Also, some messaging applications you may have on your phone might have issues working seamlessly with your carrier. If you find out that this may be the case, you might have to check to see if you can allow these applications to function manually. But there has to be an option to allow these applications first, if not, then you might not be able to resolve this issue on your own.
- Ensure that the plan you’re subscribed to is still active. If it’s the Data only plan that you are trying to send text messages from, then there’s a possibility that the message wouldn’t go through and you’ll get the ‘message blocking is active’ error message.
- Lastly, you should ensure that the service or carrier you’re sending the message to supports a premium text messaging service. If the receiver’s carrier doesn’t support a premium text messaging service, then it could be the cause of the error message. Therefore, you need to be sure that the issue isn’t from the recipient’s end.
How to fix the “message blocking is active” error
To have this error message fixed, you should try any of these possible solutions. Tell us which of these options did the job for you in the comments.
Check coverage – If the coverage in an area is listed as None, then you wouldn’t be able to send or receive texts or make and receive calls.
Is your phone active? – On the device settings page in your account, check and confirm that your phone is active, if it’s listed as Suspended or Still Porting, then you wouldn’t be able to send or receive text messages.
Are text messages part of your plan? – We mentioned this earlier. In your account device settings page, see if the Can Send/Receive Text Messages setting is enabled. Enable this option if not yet enabled. If you don’t seem to be able to enable the option, then likely, you don’t have text messaging as a part of your plan or your number is inactive.
What’s the country code? – If the error was on international texts, a simple Google search of the country code will help you see if you are using the correct one.
Restart the process – If the error is only on one phone, there might be issues with the number. Maybe it’s incorrect. Delete and re-save the number and retry.
Unblock – An option that works, especially if you’re blocked is to ask the person to unblock you. If you are not sure if you’ve been blocked or not, call the number. If it also doesn’t connect, then there is a chance that you’ve been blocked or you’ve blocked the person. If calls go through, then you might have to try the other fixes in this article.
Text Content – Some users have been able to resolve this by sending only plain texts in messages. There is a chance that this error was caused by all the other non-plain-texts added to the message. Remove all attachments, emojis, pictures, or graphics in the message and retry. Which of these fixed the “message blocking is active” error for you? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.